Warm up your family at the campground this fall with this delicious, tangy potato soup! This fall recipe was found on LoveAndLemons.com and adapted to make it more camping-friendly. Get the full fall recipe below!
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 5 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1½ cups cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Scallions or chives
- Coconut bacon
- Greek yogurt, optional
- Cheddar cheese, optional
- Dutch Oven
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Chop onion into small pieces and cube the potatoes into 1/2″ cubes. Mince the garlic.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over your campfire, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Cook the onion, salt and pepper to taste, until translucent and soft, 5-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in white wine vinegar, stirring constantly for 30 seconds until thickened.
- Add broth, potatoes, and white beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat by spreading out the coals under your Dutch oven, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Using a potato masher, smash the potatoes and beans until smooth.
- Add to a blender with 1 tbsp olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and paprika. Blend until smooth, working in batches if necessary. Add the blended soup back to the pot.
- Top will your favorite potato soup toppings like sour cream, cheese, bacon, or chives.
Don’t wait to find your dream RV, contact us today.