Whether you’re looking for a main course or a great side dish to add to your next campground cookout, this camping recipe for southwest pasta salad is a showstopper. Get this incredible camping recipe below and spice up your next cookout at the campground.
- 1 16 oz. box medium shell pasta
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 1 oz. packet ranch seasoning mix
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans of golden kernel corn
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can of pinto beans
- 2 avocados
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend or cotija
- Tajin to taste
- Over your fire, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook for slightly longer than the package instructions. Then drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside to cool.
- Wash your produce and drain the cans.
- Zest the lime and slice into quarters.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes. Seed and chop the orange pepper, finely diced red onion, and avocados, then roughly chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the pinto beans under cold water.
- Using a blender, combine the sour cream mayonnaise ranch packet and chipotle peppers (make sure these are seeded), I’m zest, lemon juice from the quartered limes, and cumin. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, the cold pasta, the hard cherry tomatoes, the rinsed and drained pinto beans, the diced avocado, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and top with shredded Mexican cheese or cotija.
- Gently stir to combine and top with Tajin. Serve chilled.
Contact us to take home an RV that’s perfect for your family vacations.